Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, March 17, 2006

Job Security

My S (my DH) was downsized from his company in November of last year. He is still looking for a job right now and it's been very difficult for him. He is in the banking industry and it can be a very volatile industry....one year you are up and the next year you can go down so quickly. S is very smart...went to a top university for both MBA school and undergrad. He is a workaholic...works about 70-80 hours a week and really puts all his energy into his work. Needless to say, being out of work is very hard for him. His job is such a big part of his ego and manhood and he feels that without a job he is worthless. I know this are normal feelings for someone who is out of a job, but it kills me to see him go through it and I know I can't fix it.

So everyday he is plugging along, calling contacts in hopes that someone is looking for some good talent. I have to say he's had some good conversation with people but nothing is concrete at this point. Yesterday he had a call with a company in Boston that he really wants to work for...they were really impressed with him, but they think he is "too heavy"....just to be silly, I wanted to ask if "heavy" meant weight or experience....I figured I should put humor into this as much as I can!!

I hope he finds a job soon.....a job that he loves and a place that he can be happy at.

This has been a very difficult year for us so far....dealing with the job loss and the IF.......we keep telling each other that with everything going on with us there is no way but up and I have to keep believing that... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mellie said...

It must be hard for you to watch S be so down. But it sounds like you're doing all you can for him and hopefully, as you say, things will turn around soon. Don't economic forecasts all say that the job market is getting better for those looking?

March 17, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. Welcome to the community! I'm still fairly new to be issuing welcomes, but it has been a great help to me, finding all these wonderful women out here, doing their best to survive this crap we call infertility. May it help you as well.

Good Luck to S as well on the job search. I'm sorry that you have to tackle both those painful challenges at once.

March 20, 2006 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home