Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Let the fun begin

I had my nurse consult today for the upcoming IVF in May. I was really overwhelmed with all the information and the amount of drugs involved with IVF, it's amazing I came out in one piece! Since we are now in the big league, the venue of our treatments changes too. We had to drive 30 miles outside the city for our appointment. Luckily, we can still do all of our monitoring at our regular clinic that is only 3 miles away from home! Whew! But any weekends monitoring and the retrieval and transfer will be done at the "big outside the city facility".

So here is the plan:
Lupron shots starts tomorrow night
I stop bcp on Saturday, the 22nd
I go for blood and u/s on the 27th
If everything checks out then we start stims of gonal F and Menopur on the 30th
I go back for blood and u/s on the 4th and I will be given the next sets of instructions then.

My husband asked about the PIO shots and according to favorite nurse, after the retrieval we get a lesson on the PIO shots. They actually marked the women's butt on where the shots needs to be given...this way the husband won't get intimidated. I thought this was pretty funny. Does any of your clinics/doctors do the same thing?

I am very anxious and still very hopeful. I think S is really worried about the side effects of the drugs...he keeps asking the nurse if there is anything he can do to make the next 3 weeks as easy for me as possible. The nurse thinks it's sweet, I think it is trying to figure out my mood swings and how he can stay out of trouble! He! He!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mellie said...

Hooray for gearing up! You sound like you're in good spirits. You can do this! (And I think it's not uncommon for nurse's to mark the spot for PIO shots. My HCG shot goes there too - so you might want to ask about that later on).

April 18, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Good Luck to you! It is very overwhelming but you CAN do this! We'll be cheering you on!

April 18, 2006 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very solid plan. I always feel better when I have some concrete steps laid out--it always makes me feel more hopeful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

April 18, 2006 7:52 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Wow! It sounds like you have a great plan! Congrats! For me it was a huge relief to get my calendar and protocol. Good luck with everything!

April 18, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
I'll be thinking great thoughts for you. I don't know much about IVF protocols (we're still at IUIs), but according to the other ladies here- it sounds like a great start!!! I'm wishing the best for you!!! (((hugs))))
April

April 18, 2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I am glad you are moving forward! It sounds like a solid plan.

At our clinic they do an IVF injection class prior to starting the cycle. The nurse demonstrates the injections and then the husband actually performs practice shots using saline solution.

Good luck!

April 19, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Very exciting! It must feel great to have a plan laid out. Hoping for a smooth and successful cycle for you.

April 19, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great plan! I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to get updates as you progress through your IVF cycle. Good luck!

Oh, and your husband sounds very sweet and a little sneaky!

April 19, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Momo,
I hope you don't mind (and please let me know if you do), but I added your blog as a link on my blog. If you don't want me to- I will gladly remove it! I'm looking for updates on you!!!!
April

April 19, 2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't have any bad side effects from the drugs. My clinic didn't mark the place on my rear for my husband to give the shots. That part all worked out just fine though. I think the shots bothered him more than they bothered me...I had to stay on them through my first trimester too.

April 21, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger linda said...

Our nurse drew little circle on my hips for my other half to follow. He did an awesome job with this little bit of help. :-)

Btw: I'm cycling right now, too...on day 3 of stims.

Good luck to you on your cycle!

April 25, 2006 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home