Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Breaking up

So I feel like I just broke up with someone...yesterday I was released from my RE's care and I have no more u/s appointments, no more blood draws or follow up appointments. It felt really weird leaving the clinic and saying goodbye to everyone--maybe because I felt like I've lived there for the last 7 months. I know this is not as long as other people, but I just felt this separation anxiety as I was checking out and waiting for my medical records to be printed yesterday. A part of me didn't want to leave the clinic--I know these people, I know the protocol. Now I have to go to my OB and it feels like getting to know someone new and learning all their quirks--it's like building a whole new relationship, I wonder if I the people are going to be as nice and as repsonsive. I know this is not the first time I am going to see my OB--I've been going there for 4 years, but I still feel like a stranger, especially since I only saw her once a year. Before we were officially released from the clinic, we saw Dr. K and he was really nice to us. He told me I am done with my progesterone (yeah!!), and no more baby aspirin! On the way out, he gave me a big hug and he wished us lucked!

On the p front--the baby is doing well, at 8w4d the baby is measuring at 8w5d. The heartbeat was at 161 bpm--which sounded good to us. Everything looks good and we are very happy about it. The baby was upside down yesterday, and every time the wand was hitting it's head, the baby was jerking his/her head. It was pretty funny--I don't think the baby liked us poking around there.

So, my new "relationship" doesn't start until July 12th. For now, I will just sit and wait until then. I have no idea what to expect with the first appointment or "date". I wonder if I will get an u/s at that point. I think I will go through withdrawal in terms of the u/s, I've been spoiled the last few weeks--with pictures and seeing/hearing the heartbeat.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jersey Knitting Mama said...

I wish you the best of luck with this pregancy. My prayers goes out to you!

June 27, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Well that is good news!

June 27, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Congrats on graduating to OB! I am sure that the transition to something unfamiliar will be strange and maybe a bit scary at first, but you'll get through. This is a milestone Momo. I am so excited for you! Hugs!

June 27, 2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Congrats on graduating! sounds like everything is going really well so far.

June 27, 2006 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congraduations!! I hope that you will have an uneventful pg with lots more great news along the way!

June 27, 2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I am SO happy for you! Wishing you all the best for an uneventful and happy pregnancy.

Thanks for your support as well!

June 27, 2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It was weird going back to my OB too. I don't think that people were rude at my OB's office, but they aren't as personal, they only know you from your chart. I'm glad to hear that the baby is doing well and has a strong heartbeat. I hope that your first OB appointment goes well.

June 28, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

CONGRATS on your new relationship! That is such great news. You need a graduation cap and gown!! lol.

June 28, 2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi Momo,
Although bittersweet, I am most happy that you were able to break up:) Congrats on the healthy pregnancy. I will continue checking in on you through your blog, so keep up the updates:)!!!

June 28, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

I am just catching up after my vacation.

I am so glad that things are going well, thanks for sharing the u/s pictures a few posts ago!

Take care and wishing you an uneventful PG!

June 30, 2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

Great news :-) I remember feeling like I'd been dumped :-)

I'm looking forward to reading about your baby as s/he grows!

June 30, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger x said...

IF'ers do get spoiled with alot of attention early in the pg. Either way, it's good to graduate and move on. The IF clinic is something I cannot wait to say good-bye to.

June 30, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

This is great news! I am happy that your pregnancy is progressing well and that you are moving on to the next step.

Good luck!

July 02, 2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home