Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, May 19, 2006

Bed rest, waiting and other stuff

So it's been 3dp5dt and I am finally back at work. I realized that bed rest is not a lot of fun-there is a lot of bad TV out there. S said I am not a very good patient-unfortunately I have to agree. Oh well, I tried my best. I did cheat a few times, I went down to the office a few times to check on everyone's blog and check email and I had a girlfriend visit me yesterday with her 6 month old baby(I am pretty sure that holding the baby was not part of the bed rest prescription) to bring me lunch-she was very sweet.

Other than waiting-which I realized is what IVF is all about. You wait to cycle, you wait to take your meds, you wait for retrieval, you wait for fertilization, you wait for transfer and then you wait for beta! Oy! So, since I am on the subject of waiting, I still don't know what is going on with our 3 remaining embryos. I believe during my transfer they told us that they will send us a letter about the status of the 3 embryos and to see if they can be frozen. I find this odd since I've never heard of this practice--I thought they would just call you for an update. And I just took my valium when they came to talk to us so again, I was not coherent. Note to self--give S a list of questions to ask if we have to do this again, because obviously I can't communicate when I am all drugged up. So, obviously we are waiting for that letter.

S's parents are flying in today for a visit and staying until Monday. I am glad that they are coming because this will distract me during the 2ww-hopefully the weekend will fly by!

15 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I kind of cheated too. I don't think I was suposed to hold my 13 lb. cat, but I did. I hope that your 2ww is over before you know it, and have a good time with your in-laws this weekend. Time always flies when you're having fun!

May 19, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope that your 2ww goes by quickly! I'll be joining you as of tomorrow. They haven't mentioned bedrest and just said to take it easy for a few days.

Have fun with your in-laws!

May 19, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I hope your 2ww is overwith in a jiffy! And with a BFP!

May 19, 2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger Mellie said...

Like Sube said - Valium? You got valium? I was told to take extra strength tylenol if I needed any pain relief. And Cornell doesn't recommend bed rest at all - just to "take it easy."

Have fun with the in-laws.

May 19, 2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

There is no evidence that bed rest makes any difference, so I think you did just fine. It's tough, this period isn't it? I'm sorry teh bad tv was no succour, though, I love bad tv.

May 19, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger x said...

My clinic did call me about the frozen one's but I got a letter too. The letter had more info than I got over the phone. You would think that for all the money we spend we would get better service.

All the best.

May 19, 2006 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, valium AND bad daytime TV? That's my dream day come true :-)

I know the waiting is hard, best of luck during the 2WW and I hope you have wonderful news to share soon.

May 19, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

A waiting game combined with a roller coaster ride. That about describes it! I hope your wait is tolerable.

May 19, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hope your 2ww goes by quickly!

May 21, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Here's to a successful cycle and a quick two weeks!!! Thanks for your encouragement lately! I absolutely am here to return the act of kindness and will continue to root you on!!!

May 21, 2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I hope that you enjoyed your visit with your family. Hopefully, it helped some of this 2ww to pass quickly. I have everything crossed that you have some wonderful news to share soon.

May 22, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Hope the visit with the in-laws was fun and distracting, or at least distracting. And that you have good news soon!

May 22, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I so agree with your description of IVF being all about waiting. I feel like I'm involved in a 6mo. wait, rather than a 2 week wait.

I hope you enjoyed the weekend with your in-laws.

Take care.

May 22, 2006 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know several of my friends have gotten letters regarding the status of frozens - but it was a new one on me too. I hope that things are going smoothly now that you are back at work and I want to wave a magic wand to make this wait go by faster for you. Fingers crossed.

May 22, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

I hope you had a good weekend, beta is getting close!

Good Luck!

May 22, 2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home