Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, May 01, 2006

Brave...that's my word for the day

S and I try to give each other one positive word each day..I know it sounds really corny, we saw it on Oprah one day and started it as a joke. It kind of stuck so now before we go to bed we give each other our word of the day. Last night before bed, S asked me if I wanted to know what my word of the day was and I said yes, and he said my word is Brave. I asked why my word was brave and he said it is because I gave myself 3 injections and that he doesn't think he could do it. I cried after he said this...good thing we were in the dark!

So yes, we started stims last night. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that I was only doing 2 injections, one for gonal-f and one for menopur. Well, what do you know.....I totally forgot about the Lupron...I don't know why...I've only been giving myself this shot for the last week and a half! It wasn't so bad. The only intimidating item was the menopur, mainly because I've never done it before. For some reason, the injection for the menopur hurt a little bit, but I think it was because I was a little upset that I didn't realize I had to do 3 injections as oppose to 2. Like it really makes a difference. I know it is all mental.

So, one down, a gazillion more to go! I don't even want to count, I am just glad that the first one is over with. I think once you get it started the next couple of injections won't be so bad. I have an appointment on Thursday to see how everything is going. Will keep you guys posted.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mellie said...

I totally get why 3 injections vs. 2 seems so much bigger of a deal. I honestly love that I'm only having to do 2 this time around - it seems to make it less imposing. And you are brave for going through this. We all are.

May 01, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

agggg! you made me cry with that first paragraph! i think we'll have to try this "one positive word a day" thing. :) (we're pretty nice to each other already, but hey, it never hurts to articulate, right?) go Brave girl go!!

May 01, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I'm glad that you are on your way! I agree -- after the first few injections, you totally get used to them.

You are brave!!! Good luck on Thursday.

May 02, 2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats on starting your stims! We start tomorrow and I am scared sh*tless. Last night, my husband actually did a trial run to try to take away some of the anxiety. I guess it did....sort of. He was so cute though to try to take away the fear! I've been lucky to have Synarel which is a nose spray, so I will only have two shots starting tomrorow morning.

You're a few days ahead of me, so I will be anxiously reading your blog to hear how things are going. Good luck!

May 02, 2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Aww, you two are so sweet. And speaking as a needle wimp who is frankly terrified of IVF, may I say that you ARE brave!

May 02, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

I agree with DH for your word of the day. I almost freak when I have to give myself my one little measly trigger shot when there are many of my IF sisters who have to give themselves several a day and some IM ones. I hope it gets better as the cycle progresses. Keep us posted!!!!

May 02, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I love the positive word idea. I am going to see if my dh is up for it.

I hope that the stims phase goes quickly and easily for you. This part flew by for me.

Good luck with everything. You are in my thoughts. Hugs!

May 02, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

"Brave" is such an appropriate word. I'm glad to hear that your husband really appreciates what you are going through. He sounds like such a sweetheart!

Congrats on your first day of stimming! I hope Thursday's appointment shows lots of activity in your ovaries!

May 03, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

You ARE brave. It takes bravery to get through this.

Thanks for stopping by my blog . . . but you can stop reading it now . . . I don't want to scare you off!

Your hubby sounds like a good guy!

May 03, 2006 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that same Oprah and love that idea. (Although in my current state of crankiness I'm sure my word for the husband would be 'bastard' or some other totally inappropriate moniker.)

Good luck with everything, this is all verrry exciting!

May 03, 2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

A PS from me:

Not trying to get rif of you at all . . . just feeling twinges of guilt realizing how my recent awful posts must sound to someone about to embark on this thing called IVF!

Glad you can stomach all my whining!

Good Luck to you!

May 04, 2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home