Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, April 24, 2006

Sleepless nights

So, I have been pretty restless since we met with Dr. K, which was over 2 weeks ago. I haven't been sleeping well lately, for the past two weeks I've been getting up a couple of times a night. Last night was the worst, I was up every hour. I am pretty sure it is related to the IVF cycle. I worry about a lot of things. I won't produce any egg, none will fertilize, there will be no good sperms, OHSS (especially since my doctor is so aggressive), and then there is the job factor for S (which is actually picking up, but I don't want to blog about it yet, because I might jinx it!)etc. I know this is normal, to worry, but it is affecting my sleep.

Normally if I can't sleep, I just drink a few glasses of wine...but of course as we all know, drinking is not even an option right now. So what is a girl do to? Any suggestion ladies? I would do anything to sleep. It is definitely not helping my production, I get very tired at work so it affects my work which is not good. I would like to say that this is a side effects of the Lupron but I don't think so since this started nights before Lupron.

I got all my drugs delivered this weekend. Holy cow! I knew it was going to be a lot, but was I overwhelmed..Especially with the Menopur injection. They are as big as the PIO injections!! Yikes. We didn't get a lesson on injections, instead we were given a video to watch. I need to watch that video ASAP, that way I can start giving myself a pep talk about those big needles.

Thursday is our blood work and ultrasound...if all goes well we will be given the green light to start stims on Sunday. I am crossing my fingers that everything goes well.

Update: I watched the video and it looks like the big needle is not needed. I need to replace it with a small needle for the injection. The big needle comes with the syringe and it is not used for anything....well it is used for something..to scare you!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

The drugs are really overwhelming at first. I organized mine the next day. It made me feel like I had some control.

I think that Sube is right about the Menopour. The big needles are probably for mixing and you use a smaller one to inject.

Tag you're it. Come to my blog for the details!

Hugs and I hope you get some

April 25, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

Good luck with your upcoming appointment. I hope everything is nice and quiet, so that you can begin stimming on Sunday.

BTW --like sube, we used the big needles to mix the saline solution with the Menopur, then injected with the small needle. The massive amount of drugs is definitely overwhelming but you'll be fine.

As for sleep, gosh, I wish I had some suggestions for you. Have you tried meditating? It usually relaxes me.

April 25, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Mellie said...

I'm sorry you're having those toss & turn nights. For some reason, when I really can't fall asleep, I find if I put my head where my feet usually go and therefore lie a different way on the bed that does the trick. I don't know why!

IVF can seem overwhelming - but you can do this.

April 25, 2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your sleepless nights. I have gone through that a couple of times in the past year, and it's the worst. It makes the days miserable. The anxiety and sleeplessness were always the worst before and after dr appts. I found that journalling really helped me. I have also heard that Belleruth Naperstak's sleep CD is excellent. I was getting ready to order it when I started sleeping again. I'm hoping you get some zzz's soon.

The drugs sound pretty overwhelming. I'm wishing you lots of luck.

Oh, and I tagged you (I hope you don't mind too much). Check out my site for details.

April 25, 2006 8:34 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
WOW- the meds definitely sound overwhelming. I'm going to echo Chee Chee about the meditation. It definitely relaxes me and helps me sleep better. Another thing that helps me sleep well is exercising midday. This tires me out so much- I can't help but sleep. Do you Sudoku? Anyway, best wishes with this cycle. I will be checking on you regularly:)

April 26, 2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Hope the bloodwork/US today goes well. Unfortunately, I don't have much helpful advice in the way of getting to sleep...I just toss and turn until I wake up my husband, and then we're both sleep-deprived.

April 27, 2006 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home