Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I have to tag along

Well, I am pretty sure you are all aware of all the "tagging" going on. The lovely Mary Ellen and Steve and Nikole tagged me. Since I believe in Karma and I feel that I should do everything in my power to get positive karma points, I figured I should play along and prevent any negative karma on my way.

So here it goes:


  1. I have an Irish name, but I am not Irish...let us just say I am not even from the same continent. My parents saw the name from a baby book and loved it.
  2. No one in my family shares the same time zone: We lived in Chicago, my sister lives in Charleston (1 hr ahead of us), my parents live in Hawaii (4 hours behind) and my brother is in Japan, he is in the air force and is currently stationed in Japan(14 hours ahead of us).
  3. I can't swim which is a tragedy considering I was born on an island(and no, it is not Hawaii) and lived there for a good part of my childhood, then I moved to California. I went to college right by the ocean, I had ocean views in my dorm room and my college was known for good surfing! And I CAN'T SWIM.
  4. S and I worked for the same company but we didn't meet at work, instead we met on the elevated train(as oppose to the subway, we don't have those in Chicago). It was raining that day and S came by to share his umbrella with me after we got off the train.
  5. I can't sleep with any doors and drawers open. If S leaves one of those open, I have to get up and shut it before I can go to sleep. Don't know why this is the case.
  6. S and I share a bi-partisan household. Can you guess who is the democrat?

    Just like Sube, almost all of the people in my blogroll has been tagged, the only ones left are Chee Chee and April and I don't think it is fair to make them do it since I need to come up with 6 names. So I will also let this chain die gracefully. But I am hoping that since I did list my 6 things no bad karma will come my way.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you played along!! I hope that you get lots of good karma for being such a good sport. :-)

April 26, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Lot's of good karma for you! I enjoyed reading your list.

April 27, 2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

We have a lot of similarities: family in different time zones, hate sleeping with open doors/drawers and I can't swim either!

April 27, 2006 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. It's nice to know there are people out there pulling for you. I have been lurking for too long!
I, too, live in a bipartisan household, although my DH is really a Democrat at heart -- he just can't admit it.

April 27, 2006 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your list -- and wanted to wish the best of luck!

April 27, 2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

what a lovely story of how you met!
Are you going to learn to swim sometime?

April 27, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Mellie said...

I can't believe you never learned how to swim given your residencies. Maybe someday?

May 03, 2006 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home