Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, April 27, 2006

We are clear for take off!

I went to go for my blood work and u/s this morning. Favorite nurse just called me to tell me that everything looks good and to go ahead and start stims on Sunday. I guess it is time to say that IVF #1 is officially under way. This is kind of weird, but I am a little excited...maybe because there is this little feeling inside me that thinks that this might work.

Two things happened at the clinic today that was a little weird. First of all, the clinic staff knows me personally at this point. As I was checking out this morning, Smiley Receptionist was helping someone else, so she looked up and said "hold on MoMo, I will be right with you". Whoa! I was thinking, how did you know my name? I was shocked, and I thought to myself, this is a sign that I've been going to this clinic way too long.

Second, the couple that Smiley Receptionist was helping out is an old colleague of mine(the DH, let's call him Mr. Accountant). I kept looking at him and I wasn't sure if he remembered me, it's been 6 years since we last saw each other and neither one was married.. I was waiting for a reaction, he didn't say anything so I just left and I was thinking that maybe it wasn't the same guy. I went to work and didn't think about it anymore. Then I get a phone call and it was Mr. Accountant(he remembered where I work and called the switch board...very impressive Mr. Accountant!) and I was so glad he called. We talked and I found out that they have been trying for 2 years and this was their first time at my clinic. They were also seeing Dr. K. I was really happy to see him, but I wished we crossed paths somewhere else other than the clinic. You never wish this on anyone, especially someone that you know.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mellie said...

Hooray for the all-clear! Keep that enthusiasm as long as you can. Meanwhile, we can go down this road together - I started stims last night.

April 27, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

hi! it's my first time here visiting your blog. congrats on the go-ahead for IVF #1! i'll be back to check up on you. we are "unexplained", too, and will start IVF #1 hopefully next week so long as i am cyst-free (we got postponed last cycle because i had one). hugs

April 27, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Great news! Good Luck! May this be your one and only!

April 27, 2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

How exciting!! I hope that you stay hopeful. I wish you all the best for this cycle.

April 27, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Yippee!!! I'm so happy you get to get things going here!!!! Keep the hope going hon- it can only help!!! I'm feeling strangely hopeful for this cycle too. I think it is so thoughtful and understanding of you to not be happy about seeing someone you know going through this horrible journey. What a sweetheart! I'll keep checking in on ya!

April 27, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Great news that you are going to start on Sunday. I am still waiting for AF to make an appearance so that we can start. Was hoping for the weekend because I have had it with the anticipation and I just want to get going! I'll keep checking back to see how things are progressing! Good luck.

April 27, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

How exciting! Here's hoping you have a stellar cycle with the best possible results...

April 27, 2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

I am really glad you are on your way!

It's always nice to run into an old colleague/acquaintance; it's just too bad it had to be under these circumstances.

April 28, 2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Great news that you are getting started. I do hope that this is tremendously successful for you.

April 28, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

How did the injections go yesterday? Hope all is well!

May 01, 2006 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home