Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Waiting...

First of all I just want to say thank you for all the support yesterday....after I got my thoughts and emotions together...and especially after reading Sube post, my cycle sister, I realized that I should feel really lucky of the 7 beautiful embryos that we have. Her excitement and happiness is so contagious,and she is right..how can I not feel happy about my 7? After reading her post, I felt like such a heel for complaining/venting about my 7 embryos. And so after my short meltdown, I realized how lucky and fortunate we are. I hope that the 7 beautiful embryos are growing and they are strong and what ever happens I am just happy that we got this far.

Right now we are still waiting to see if we are doing a 3 or 5 day transfer. We got a call from the clinic earlier today and they really didn't give us anymore information. They said to call the clinic tomorrow at 7:30 and we will find out if we will do the transfer tomorrow or get pushed to Tuesday. I asked how many embryos are left and they didn't know...I guess the lab doesn't update them. I am assuming that they are a few good embryos left other wise they would have given us the bad news by now. So I am sitting here patiently..and I will be happy with either day. Both days are fine, mother's day or S's b-day..how can you go wrong.

So I received my first PIO shot last night...I was so nervous about it, but it wasn't bad at all. Maybe icing it for more than 5 minutes help, so by the time S gave me the shot my butt was completely numb. It was kind of funny because we went out last night to celebrate S's birthday and he was drinking a cocktail-which is very normal for us. As we were talking and joking around about our 7 embryos and how they are the coolest embryos in the lab right now we were cracking up and just having a good time. The PIO shot was on my mind all day so I asked him if he read his manual/instructions over and as I finished my question, I zeroed in on his hand holding his cocktail and I started to get scared. He looks at his cocktail and said "maybe I shouldn't be drinking before your butt shot". So just imagine how I got more scared after that. Luckily he did a really good job-I think going to see a jazz show before the butt shot help a ton!

Again, thank you so much for all of the support and kind words yesterday...I am so lucky to have found all of you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I'll be pulling for your 7 little embryos! I'm so happy that you are feeling better, and I'm kinda jealous that I didn't go out to enjoy some jazz last night. I also hate those shots in the ass. I think your ice idea is good. I've been sleeping on my heating pad all night long. I don't think I'm supposed to do that, but it makes my butt feel better so I don't care. Ok, enough about me, good luck tomorrow!

May 13, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I always put the PIO in a dixie cup of really warm water for about 5 minutes before the shot. It went in a little easier that way.

Good luck tomorrow (or tuesday)!

May 13, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

Now that's a girl :) Goodie! Thinking positive is always ...well, positive :) heheheh

May 13, 2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Glad you're feeling better about your lucky seven! Keep us posted about transfer.

Good Luck!

May 13, 2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. I can't wait to hear your update. I have everything crossed that you have plenty of little ones still hanging on. You are in my thoughts. I will be checking back. Hugs!

May 14, 2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home