Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, May 08, 2006

There's a party in my ovaries and I wasn't invited!

We are up to 27 follicles and 21 follicles are measuring over 10mm! Woo-hoo! I feel like my ovaries are having a party and they forgot to invite me! But I am not complaining. I have 9 on the right and 11 on the left. My estrogen level is...ready for this....3,107!! I didn't even think it went up that high! We are scheduled for Thursday retrieval, I can't believe that the stim phase went by so quickly.

I am not sure if I mentioned that there are almost 100 women doing IVF with Dr. K this month. I think this is a lot but according to favorite nurse this is normal. Of all the doctors in the clinic, he has the most patients and he also has the highest success rate. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I figure I can't really worry about it.

Now for the somewhat sad note....I have not heard from my parents at all since I started stims..not even to ask how we are doing. It makes me really sad, I will probably go into retrieval without them knowing about it. This is typical, so I am not even sure why I am complaining about it. I guess it is because I had a meltdown yesterday at church. A bunch (50!!) of kids were celebrating their holy communion yesterday and the church was packed with kids, toddlers, babies and pregnant bellies. I sat there thinking of what we are going thru, how my parents haven't called and I had a major meltdown. I am blaming it all on drugs, it makes me feel better that I have a reason for this meltdown vs saying that I am emotional/crazy etc.

14 Comments:

Blogger electriclady said...

Wowee! Hooray for your ovaries! And I can't believe your retrieval is so soon--it feels like you just started stims. Hope all those follicles continue to play nice and that you get a nice clutch of eggs Thursday.

May 08, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

That's awesome news! I hope that you get lots of healthy eggs on Thursday and a great fertilization report on Friday!

May 08, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Holy cow, those are some AMAZING numbers! I can't believe you're already ready for the retrieval...good luck!

I'm really sorry that your parents haven't been more supportive. Though it's no replacement, I still hope you've found considerable support and encouragement from your real life and internet friends.

May 08, 2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

WOW!!! What a great response and a great way to start out this cycle!!! I pray the retrieval and fert report go just as well. I'm really sorry that your parents haven't called to check in on ya. That's gotta be a bummer. Just know that there are MANY of us in cyberland/blogland rooting you on!!!

May 08, 2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Mellie said...

Momo - wishing you an easy retrieval and an EGG-sellent fertilization report. With your numbers you should certainly get quite a crop of eggs!

I'm sorry you feel like your parents aren't there for you. Would you consider calling them and telling them what's in store for you?

May 09, 2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

I'm all for blaming it on the drugs!

Go ovaries! GO!

(If they don't invite you, crash that party!)

May 09, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Good for you! I hope you have an uneventful retrieval and great fertilization report.

Thinking of you!

May 09, 2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Momo--that is great news about the numbers! I totally know what you mean about the parents. I just wrote yesterday about how my family hadn't contacted me at all either.

Good luck on Thursday!

May 09, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger linda said...

27? My god. You are going to feel like bursting any moment now. Try to not drink too many fluids as it will make it feel worse after the retrieval process...my RE says to stick to gatorade and propel as they have electrolytes (and then maybe 1 liter max a day!)

Best of luck with your cycle!

May 09, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Fantastic news about those ovaries, I hope everything goes really well at collection tomorrow.

I'm sorry on the other hand that your parents haven't been there for you. That must be really disappointing.

May 10, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

This is great news! Good luck with tomorrow's retrieval.

As for church, I can so totally relate. Our church is pretty small, so we don't typically have large numbers of christenings, etc. But every family seems to have babies, toddlers and small children. It is incredibly frustrating. In fact, for me it is especially frustrating since we have joint custody of my stepson (9 yo). He is a good kid but I can't help wondering if I'll ever have a child of my own.

Hang in there!

May 10, 2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Those numbers are great! I hope the rest of your week goes well!

May 10, 2006 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Momo, sorry for the late comment to this opst but I hope all goes well. I know how you feel about your parents, although in my case it's just my mother who is not there for me. It's hard.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

May 10, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger x said...

It sounds like everything is going really well. Best of luck for your retrieval, I hope you get some nice dreamy drugs.

p.s. - my advice is to skip church this Sunday, mothers day - it can only get worse!

May 10, 2006 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home