Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, June 12, 2006

A load off my shoulder

Updated with u/s pictures!!

After a weekend of worrying and anxiety--I went to S crying on Saturday convinced my boobs were shrinking and that the only pregnancy symptom I have was slowly going away!! Poor guy, I think I am totally driving him crazy--today's ultrasound proved that things are just going fine.

We have one beautiful baby!!! One baby that has a really strong heartbeat!! Not only did we see a flicker on the screen we heard it(the heartbeat was measuring at 120 bpm)!! The wand lady amplified the volume and asked us "are you ready to hear your baby's heartbeat?" It was so amazing and unreal. All I remember was looking at that screen and I could feel S's hand squeezing my hand. She was really good at explaining everything and she just kept saying everything looks great.

So for now, I feel like a load is off my shoulder....I know I still have a long way to go, but hearing that heartbeat just makes a world of a difference!

P.S. I will try to put some pictures later tonight when I get home, I just couldn't wait to post this.




I also get to stop one of my progesterone suppositories--either the injection or the gel--I think we can all guess which one is going to go!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mo! A strong, healthy heart is the best news yet. We can't wait to see the pics.

Kerrianne

June 12, 2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger x said...

I am so happy for you. A strong heart beat is the best news at this point. It's funny, nobody other than an IF patient would want pg symptoms.

June 12, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

Great news! I am so happy that things are going well for you. There has been so much bad news in bloggerville recently, I am glad that there are signs of hope out there.

June 12, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

So amazing! Glad to hear things are continuing to go so well. :)

June 12, 2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Congratulations, this is lucky, lovely news. Long may it continue!

June 12, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Yea...Momo. I am so very happy for you. I know how hard that wait is and I am so glad you got good news and reassurance. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

June 12, 2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Congratulations! Great news!

June 12, 2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a tear of joy in my eye for you. It is so wonderful to hear that you heard such a strong hb! At this moment I am still resting at home and obsessing about every symptom that comes and goes. The betas are now finished and while the numbers looked OK last week, what has happened b/w then and now. Is it still growing? And I have to wait until next bloody Monday for the u/s!! So I totally know what you mean about a weight off your shoulders. I feel like if I see that u/s and things look OK, then I will finally be able to feel some joy. Until then, I wait and worry!

June 12, 2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I hope that everything continues to go smoothly. I can't wait to see the pics!

June 13, 2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOMO!! That is awesome. Glad you are feeling better and that the baby looked (and sounded) great!

June 13, 2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Awww! Congratulations, MoMo! What wonderful pictures! Hearing the heart beating must have been unbelievable. I'm so happy to hear that the baby is healthy and doing well. I'm so happy for you!

June 13, 2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

Looking good! ;)

June 13, 2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Mellie said...

You couldn't ask for more! I'm so thrilled for you! Especially for getting to stop the injections!

June 14, 2006 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos!! I am very happy for you and hope that things go smoothly for the next 8 months! Take care.

June 14, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 15, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Congrats Mo!!! I am so happy for you! Look at your little bean!!! Whoohooo!!! I agree with Chee Chee that it is good to see some good news in blogland for a change!!!

June 16, 2006 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home