Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, July 20, 2006

We Are Learning To Share

Today marks 12 weeks for us, and last night before leaving work, I finally told our CFO and controller that I was P. I really couldn't hide it any longer, yesterday our CFO's assistant looked at me and asked me if I had something to say. She is a really sweet lady and I couldn't lie to her so I just smiled. But the thing is, once you tell her, it is like taking a mega phone and announcing it to the entire world. So I knew I had to say something before they heard it from someone else. It went really well and they are both very happy for us. This weekend we also started telling a lot of our close friends and we received a lot of well wishes. A part of me wanted to wait another week, but as S said, what difference does it make anyway--it is what it is and if g-d forbid something happens in the future, we will deal with it. So there it is, we are out in the open.

P symptoms are still there...I thought the nausea was gone, but boy was I wrong. I didn't puke for almost 2 weeks and then the last 2 nights it happened all over again. My belly is growing, I can no longer fit in my regular clothes. This past weekend I bought 2(white and black) be.ll.a ba.nds--have you ladies heard of this?? I love it!! It's a band that you were on top of you pre-p unzipped pants, shorts, skirts--it looks like you have a shirt underneath-like you are layering. At least for me, it works great, I can now wear my old pants and hopefully I don't have to buy p pants for another few weeks. There is one warning--it is not very comfortable when it is over 90 degrees outside--I learned that the other day. But other than that, I think it is one of my best purchases so far.

So, if all goes well, 12 weeks down, 28 more weeks to go. I can smile about that.

17 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Yay Momo. So glad to hear you are telling people. And 12 weeks already - how did that happen? Never heard of bella bands but I will definetely check them out if I ever need maternity clothes.

July 20, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

I am so happy for you! Glad the office telling went well. 12 weeks! That is great news. Are you feeling cautious or are you totally ready to shout it from the rooftops now that you have decided to start telling people?!

July 20, 2006 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 weeks! It's so exciting. I'm glad that you are able to share your big secret now and have those around you join in the celebration! I have heard that the bands are great--I'm glad they're working for you.

July 20, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Wonderful. I bet it was a relieft to start telling.

It is for real!

July 20, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Congrats on 12 weeks! I was thinking of getting a Bella Band myself so glad to hear you like them. And have been wondering when to spill the beans at work too--so hard to keep it a secret when you feel lousy and bloated all day long, isn't it?

July 20, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah and Tim said...

Yay for making it to week 12. I can only image how good it must have felt to tell folks. And thanks for the advice on my blog!

July 20, 2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger x said...

I am so happy for you - 12 weeks is such a milestone. It much feel great to be telling your friends and family. All the best!

July 20, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Chee Chee said...

Good for you, Momo! I am so happy that all is progressing well!

July 20, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats & welcome to the 12th week! I'm so glad that everything is going well for you. It's nice to finally tell people, isn't it? It's weird and sort of scary, but once you start to tell people it starts to feel like it's really real.

I've never heard of bella bands, but I'll have to look into that. I need to go shopping pretty soon.

July 20, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Congrats on 12 weeks and "coming out"!

July 21, 2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful threshold to cross - congratulations and I hope the next two trimesters are joyous!!

:-)

July 21, 2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so excited for you Momo! I can't believe that it has been 12 weeks already! Have fun sharing your news.

July 22, 2006 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe 12 weeks have already gone by--such a relief those at work are supportive. Take it from me, a babymoon (per your last posting) is one of the best things you can do for the two of you. I recommend traveling until the "nth" hour because before you know it life will change in a lovely way! Kerrianne

July 24, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Congrats on making it to the 12 week milestone! I'm so glad to hear that everything is continuing to go smoothly for you. I still feel a little awkward about sharing my P news to the world, but it's also nice to get the congratulatory remarks and sweet compliments. Enjoy!

July 25, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger heather said...

hi! congrats on 12 wks! i just found your blog. i'm currently 10 wks from fet, so just a couple wks behind. i'm from hawaii too, so when we go home we get to stay for free...so nice to have that option. hope you enjoy your babymoon! we're planning on going home next fall after baby is born. good luck!!

July 26, 2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

12 WEEKS! That's great news!! I'm so happy for you!

July 27, 2006 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 weeks is a good milestone. I felt the same sense of cautious relief. We went through a missed m/c at 18 weeks, so I know that we are not out of the woods yet, but on the other hand, there is something to say about being positive. The bella bands are a lifesaver and have allowed me to avoid the mat clothes which I really didn't want to buy before I knew that this was really going to work (fear of jinxing things of course!) I am so happy for you that things are going well!!

July 27, 2006 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home