Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, May 04, 2007

4 months

B turned 4 months yesterday!! Wow...time flies. I remember not long ago when he only weighed 5 pds 8oz...it felt like I was carrying a doll! Now he is a whopping 13 pds 6 oz and 25 1/2 long!!! For a preemie he is catching up pretty well! Here are the highlights for 4 months..

-He can now hold up his head!!!! This was very exciting for us--I've been waiting and waiting for this to happen. Since he was a preemie--we thought he won't be able to do this until his 5th month--so we where really happy when he did it at 3 1/2 months!

-He likes to be entertained. He loves to coo...he cries if you walk away from him! Once you start talking to him..he is all smiles and all coos! I think he will be a talker like his grandmothers...you guys know that vol.vo commercial with the little girl who talks and talks...that's going to be my B!

-He goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 and we don't' hear from him again until 6-7 in the morning!!! Woo-hoo!! Once you get pass the 2-3 hour feeding at night time, life with a baby becomes a little easier. It is amazing how a few additional hours of sleep makes a huge difference.

-He is more interested in objects--especially in the last couple of weeks. You can put a toy in front of him and you can actually get a reaction.

-He got the green light to eat cereal, smashed bananas, avocados, peaches etc! It is very exciting. I haven't tried it yet since S is out of town and I want to do it when he is here...so this might be a big weekend for B!

-For some reason he only poops every 3 or 4 days. I asked the doctor about this and she said is normal as long as he is not throwing up or sick. I am used to it now, but the first couple of weeks, I was a psycho about poop. I would keep checking his diaper for poop and would talk and beg him to poop!

-He got his first cold a week before we went to Hawaii. That was traumatic for me...I am pretty sure it didn't even bother him. I insisted to take him to the doctor's office--he was fine, he got over the cold in a week. Mom on the other hand was not fine--I was the one who gave him the
cold so I was feeling the mommy guilt.

Speaking of Hawaii....our trip was fantastic! We went for my dad's retirement. B did so well on the plane--9 hour trip. Everyone around us was commenting how good he was and that they didn't realize there was a baby. B rocked! The hardest part was getting thru security! But once you get pass that, it wasn't so bad.

I am still pumping..I thought I would be done by now, but for some reason, I keep doing it. Maybe because I see how much B enjoys it...he is a really good eater, or maybe I am just stubborn and stopping makes me think that I am a quitter. I know that this is not true, but I feel so guilty whenever I think I want to quit. I originally gave myself 3 months, now I just finished 4 months and I am trying to see if I can do it for 6 months! I know I am crazy and I like to torture myself.

Speaking of pumping, I managed to pump on the plain!!! 2x on the way there and once coming back! I opted not to use my double breast pump since it makes a lot of noise, instead I used a manual pump with the aid of a nursing cover in attempt to hide what I was doing! It worked! I have to admit, it hurt and took a long time. I had to pump for a couple of reasons...one, my tatas was going to explode if I didn't pump and secondly, I didn't want my supply to go down. So I was determined to do it...I figured, I won't see these people again so I just have to do what I have to do!

I hope everyone is doing well...I need to catch up on all your blogs I am hoping that I can slowly start reading up on everyone again!

7 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Congratulations! This is all so exciting!

May 04, 2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I can't believe that he is 4 months old already! I am glad that you had a great trip!

May 04, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi Momo,
It sounds like B is doing really well!!! I'm glad to hear from you. I often check to see if you update. If you need a new invite to my password protected blog, let me know and I'll send it along. We are gearing up for IUI #6 and hoping this is it (of course). I took the last bfn REALLY hard, maybe because it was our first cycle on injectables and somehow I thought it might make a difference. Anyway, you should post some pics so we can see little B. I hope all continues to go well!
Peace and hugs,
April

May 04, 2007 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you are like super mom!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

May 05, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I can't believe he is 4 months already. And your pumping and supply is awesome! Any chace of pictures from your trip?

Good to hear from you Momo, and to know that things are going so well.

May 05, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Oh, you sound like you are having so much fun. Congrats to you!

May 07, 2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

You go pumping mama! I bow down to your dedication.

PS I read somewhere that it is normal for a breastfed infant to go as long as 10 DAYS without pooping. Can you imagine the diaper at the end of that 10 days?!? the every 2-3 day poops are bad enough!

May 10, 2007 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home