Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, November 02, 2006

27 Weeks

One more week and I will be entering my third trimester. I can't believe how quickly time is passing. I discovered something pretty cool last night, as the baby was kicking I noticed that my stomach was moving!!! It was cool and weird at the same time! I wanted to show S so I was poking my stomach and S scolded me and told me to stop poking the baby....he/she will make an appearance when he/she wants to!!

On another subject, I know I've complained about my commute and the train and how people don't give up their seats for pregnant people--therefore I have to tell you all the story that happened the other day. I was sitting down on the L train on the way to work, the train wasn't very crowded, but there were no open seats. A women gets on the train, maybe in her late 20s early 30s and she had to stand up since there were no seats. After a few minutes, she ends up sitting on the floor, I looked at her and asked her if she was okay. She replied and said that she feels like she is blocking out. I got up from my seat and offered her my seat, at first she refused, but I insisted. She sat down and started getting her color back. After a few minutes, she stands up and offers me my seat back and I told her I was okay and I was getting off pretty soon. What amazes me is that there were 11 other people sitting down around us, mostly men and no one offered her a seat when she was clearly sitting on the floor and me, the pregnant one is the one who gives her a hand. And by the way, after I got up and stood up, not a single person offered me a seat!!! I am just surprise how people can be so rude.

I've been pretty depress lately too..I know, you guys are probably wondering "what is her problem??". S is still looking for a job...it's been a year last week and it's just been so hard. I don't like to blog about it because this is not what this blog is all about--but sometimes it is just too much to handle. I think as the arrival of the baby is approaching, I realized how hard this is for S. He tries to be happy around me all the time, but I know that he is just doing it for me and the baby. He feels bad that we have to look into child care, all along our plan was for me to stay home after we have children or at least have that option, and it kills him that we can't do that right now. I look at him and I just wish there is something I can do to take all the pain, anger, frustration away...but I know I can't. When we were having problems with getting P, I thought that once we got P, that everything will be fine and we will be happy and we will enjoy every moment of it.....sadly, the job loss is robbing us from what is supposed to be our happiest moment.

7 Comments:

Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Wow. I guess I knew people in larger cities weren't as friendly, but that is just plain rude.

Hope that he finds his dream job soon.

November 02, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am sorry to hear about the job situation. I hope that S. is able to find something soon.

27 weeks! How exciting!

November 02, 2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

Man I can't believe how rude people are on the train you take! It seems as though you are the only non-rude one riding that train!

I hope S finds a job soon.

Take care

November 02, 2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

People are so rude! I can't believe that other people can't get up and offer their seats. It was like that on the DC Metro too. It's awful!

I'm sorry that the job hunt isn't going well for S. Howie is looking for another new job again because the company he just got a job with is having issues with money coming in and it looks like they're about to start letting people go. It's very stressful. I hope that something comes up for S soon.

November 02, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Wow! I have to say that I am not too surprised with how rude and selfish those people were. It seems that gone are the days where people just do things to be purely benevolent. It's sad though.

I'm sorry that S is having such a difficult time finding the right job. I've been there and I know it is difficult financially, emotionally and spiritually. Keep your head up kiddo!!!

November 03, 2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Sorry to hear about the work stress. You really don't need that, do you?! I hope he finds something soon, it's so tough on our men when they can't provide for us as they want to.

November 03, 2006 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Gianna Taylor said...

First time reading this thanks for sharing

April 30, 2022 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home