Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, October 23, 2006

Belated Happy Birthday, Child Care and other things

Yesterday, I turned 35...wow, I can't believe it. S keeps reminding me that for everyday that passes by I am closer to 40 than 30. What a nice, sensitive guy he is!! I had a great day yesterday, S went to church with me(this is a big deal since he only goes on Christmas and Easter), he went shopping with me and we went to one of my favorite restaurant for dinner. It is hard to believe that this is the last birthday without a child--it actually feels a little weird.

Today, we toured a day care center. We are still not sure what we are going to do, but we decided to start looking at day care centers to keep our options open. Everyone is telling us that there are very few day care centers that accepts infants so we decided that we should get on the waiting list so at least we have options come May. We liked the center, it was clean and it seems like all the babies are happy. They have a lot of infant, I think because the demand in the city is high and there are very few places to choose from. It also helps that one of our really good friends have their 4 month old baby at the same place. Overall, it just makes me feel good that we have some options.

So my next project is to start the baby room....this is one area where I've neglected. Thinking of what we have to do is just so overwhelming that I keep putting it off. I think I've run out of time and I have to face the music. I can't believe I have less than 15 weeks to get everything done!! This is really happening...

8 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Things are really happening indeed. Happy belated birthday, glad you had a great day. Can't wait to hear about the baby's room

October 24, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

*cheering on the sidelines for yo*

Happy Birthday, fellow libra!

October 24, 2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Happy belated birthday! And wow, day care, baby's room--it's starting to feel real!

October 26, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Happy belated birthday!!

October 26, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Wow, you really ARE close!

Have fun decorating and happy belated birthday!

October 27, 2006 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it IS really happening...OMG, I am so happy for you.

Just think, by your next birthday you'll have a little baby to help you celebrate!!

October 27, 2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

October 29, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

Happy Birthday!

October 30, 2006 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home