Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, August 21, 2006

16w4d

So I am still here...looking bloated instead of looking p. Nothing fits me correctly--my own clothes are too small and maternity clothes are not fitting correctly. I seriously look like I've eaten a big bag of potato chips and drank a gallon of water after! A part of me just wants to look p so that people stop looking at me funny.

I experienced a new p symptom this last week--calf muscle spasms!! OMG it HURTS!!! It happens at night when I am sleeping and all of a sudden I feel this sudden pain and all I can do is scream and it scares S off! I've had calf muscle spasms before, but it doesn't happen every other day!! I guess this is pretty normal and there is really not much you can do about it. Some books suggest to stretch during the day, use a heating pad, massaging the calf or increase your calcium intake and reduce food that contain phosphorus (lunch meat, carbonated drinks)--there's been suggestions that the spasms could be due to the imbalance of calcium and phoshorus in your body. I also read that if it is severe and regular bring it up to you doctor. I wonder what constitute "severe and regular"?

Today, I am 16 weeks 4 days and feeling pretty good.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Woah - I have never had calf spasms but that doesn't sound pleasant. I hope those ease up soon for you!

August 21, 2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Glad to hear you are doing ok. I hope those calf spasms ease up, they don't sound fun at all. I can't believe it's been 16 weeks already.

August 21, 2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

Sorry about the leg cramps.

Congrats on hitting the 16 week mark!

Take care

August 22, 2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Congratulations on 16 weeks!

I've been getting the calf cramps too (because I get all the annoying symptoms)...hydrating seems to help too, but then you have to get up every hour to pee. :)

BTW, I bought a Bella Band (after your rave review) and am loving it, though I have my doubts that it will still be comfortable in a few months.

August 22, 2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you are okay. I am sorry about the calf spasms. They sound awful. I hope they go away soon!

August 22, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hope the calf spasms disappear soon! Congrats on hitting the 16 week mark!

August 23, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Lurker here with a suggestion for the calf spasms. As soon as you feel them start to come on, immediately stand up. I had them very bad and as soon as I learned that trick, they literally disappeared in seconds. Hope that helps :)

August 26, 2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

That's such an annoying stage when you're definitely pregnant, but not quite "popped" enough to show. I sympathize with the leg cramps, I have them in my quad area and they hurt!

August 26, 2006 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Backyard Design Madison said...

Nice bloog

November 04, 2022 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home