Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, August 10, 2006

15 weeks, doctor's appointment, tripping myself....

Today we crossed the 15 weeks mark! Woo-hoo! I am still feeling like my food is stuck up my throat...so once in a while some puking is going on. I went to see the doctor yesterday, it wasn't Dr. Shut eyes(I don't think I officially named her, but I am now...remember she is the one who keeps closing her eyes when she talks). She was on call so I saw one of her partners. He was really nice, we will call him Dr. Loverman (this is because I found out that my co-worker sees the same guy and she is so in love with him--to the point that she is switching doctors!). Anyway, Dr. Loverman said that it is normal to feel like my food is stuck in my throat because my entire digestive system is slowing down. He suggested taking vitamin B6 or ginger tablets. I think I might check this out. My only other option is not too eat too much, which I am a little worried about since I've only gain 1 1/2 pds since I got P. Dr. Loverman said this is not a problem...so S said I shouldn't worry about it. Although, I still don't like the feeling of food being stuck up my throat.

So, last Sunday, S and I attended a Simchat Bat--which is a baby naming ceremony for our friends new born baby. That was really fun--I've never been to one before so I was really excited to go. Anyway, on our way to the ceremony/party, S and I decided to walk, instead of taking a cab. It was a beautiful day and it was less than a mile so walking wasn't a big deal. Until of course I trip myself stepping on a crack, fell on my butt and scraped my knee really badly!!! At first my first concern was the baby...and I wanted to turn around, call my doctor and demand an u/s. We all know that this is a little over the edge...lots of p women trip or fall and they are okay. S tried to convince me that everything is okay and he reminded me that his mom got into a major accident when she was p with him and look at him he is perfectly fine. So I calmed down and we continued our trek to the Simchat Bat. Of course I was still really worried about it the entire time, especially after seeing how my scrape was getting really red looking like it was infected! But, that was not the case, the wound was just healing and everything is fine--no infection and baby is fine.

So here I am...15 weeks, 25 more to go--things are good.

10 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Ohh that fall must have been scary. I am glad to hear everything is ok. 15 weeks already MoMo, where does the time go.

August 10, 2006 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything is working out for you, despte a scary fall! We are one week behind you and I'll go next week for the tests.

August 10, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

That fall must have been very scary! I am so glad that you are okay. I can't believe that it's been 15 weeks already. Congratulations!

August 10, 2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Momo,

Happy 15 weeks - what a major milestone.

CONGRATS!

August 10, 2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

The ceremony sounds cool. So sorry about your fall, I think you did amazing, I am sure I would have run to the hospital!

Take care and glad to hear everything is going well.

August 10, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Welcome to 15 weeks! The fall sounds so scary, but the fact that you're doing fine now is very reassuring. My balance has definitely become an issue as my midsection has expanded. I also experienced the food lodged in my throat feeling all the time, and the only thing that lessened the feeling was just eating lots of mini meals. Also, please don't worry about weight gain at this point. At around my 15 week appointment, I was still several pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight, but an ultrasound showed that the kids were both the appropriate size. So just rest assured that your baby is taking all the nutrients it needs from you.

August 10, 2006 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on 15 weeks!

August 11, 2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Glad that everything is going well! Keep us updated.

August 11, 2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

YAY!!!!

August 14, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yes! The awful food stuck in the throat feeling. I didn't realize that your digestive system slows down when you're pregnant. That might explain why I get so full so fast. I haven't stopped throwing up yet either, but it has slowed down a bit.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall, but I'm glad that you are ok. You're almost half done! Can you believe that? I hope that everything continues to go well.

August 17, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home