Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

My Kind of Town

Chi.ca.go...yes...that is my kind of town. This Sunday S, B and I are packing up and driving to Conn. to start a new adventure. I know I've talked about it before, but S accepted a new job in the city that never sleeps and this means we have to move.

I will miss this town a lot. I've lived here since 1994 and made a lot of friends since that time. I will miss the lake front, especially on a really nice day. I will miss the food-pizza and hot dog to name a few. As you all know there is nothing like the Chicago hot dog!!! I will miss the fact that all I have to do is walk outside and there are stores, restaurants and bars right at my doorsteps. And the cubs...or my cubs. We lived 5 blocks away from Wrigley and this was something we really enjoyed. I will miss hearing the crowd sing take me out to the ball.game out on our deck....I will miss going to a nearby bar watching the game and feeling like I am at the stadium since we are so close. Although I have to admit that I won't miss fighting for a parking spot during game days. And downtown..I've always loved the downtown area since it is concentrated in one area it is very easy to walk from one point to the next. I can always run errands during lunch time.

But most of all, I will miss all my friends and family. We've made some really good friends in this town and sometimes it is hard to imagine that we will be able to find such close friends again in a new city. I know we will and it will just take some time--but I keep thinking that our friends here are hard to match. And family...I don't even know where to begin. It is nice to have family connection--even though our parents and siblings are not here, having aunts and uncles here really makes a huge difference. They've been so wonderful--they were always there for us. Not having any family at all in Conn scares me.

So with a very heavy heart, I say goodbye to this beautiful city, to all our family and friends. I hope someday we will find a way to come back, but for now I will bid goodbye and hold everything close to my heart!

4 Comments:

Blogger ak1908 said...

Awwww!!! Although Chicago is great, I think you will enjoy access to NYC from Connecticut. You will have the convenience of city life with the feel of surburbia in CT. I bid you farewell- even though we've never met face to face and wish you well in this new adventure. I'm assuming we won't hear from you for a while with all that you have going on. What part of CT are you moving to? I love NYC and would have stayed there longer if we had family. Best wishes with the move!

May 25, 2007 8:07 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with your new adventure!

May 26, 2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
I read your comment on my blog and wanted to pop over to say that I hope all is well with Benjamin. Please pop over and let me know that he is ok when you get a chance.

May 30, 2007 10:45 PM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
Me again- just wanted to pop over to see if you're settled in CT yet. Please update when you get a chance. I hope all is well!!!

July 03, 2007 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home