Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

Full Term??

According to a website that calculates IVF due dates(which is based on retrieval date), I should be full term today, but according to my doctor's calculation Wednesday is the magic number. So who knows? As you can see in my ticker, I should be full term tomorrow--I picked that date since it is right in the middle of the 2 due dates. The one thing that is for sure is that I have been pregnant longer with this baby compared to my pregnancy with B (I gave birth at 35w6d).

So far everything is going well. I saw the doctor last Thursday and so far nothing is going on down there. Cervix is long and close and not dilated at all. My doctor sent me to the hospital to get a stress test-she was not satisfied with the baby's movement in the u/s, plus I mentioned that the baby is not as active as it used to be-everything is okay. Plus I found out that since I had a pre-term labor before, my muscles didn't really stretch that much, hence I won't feel as much movement with this baby. Huh...who would have thought?? So I go back this Friday I guess at this point we will just take it on a day by day basis. It is kind of weird being in this situation-since B came so early, everything just went in a flash when the birth happened. To say that we were a little unprepared back then is an understatement. Now here we are just sitting and waiting--it is a very weird feeling.

B on the other hand have been really clingy the last week or so. I heard an old wife's tale that if your child is very clingy that labor is just around the corner--who know if this is really true! He just wants mommy all the time. He cries for me at bedtime-which never happened before and won't let S do anything for him. It's very sweet, but when you are as big as a house a little break would be nice. I am starting to get worried about how he will react with a new baby in the house. We've tried to prepare him about the baby--but let's be realistic, how can you really prepare a 20 month old? They understand what a baby is, but nothing really beyond that.

This is it for now...sorry for the boring post, but I will keep you guys posted.

6 Comments:

Blogger electriclady said...

Congratulations on making it to term!!!

BTW, I was 20 months old when my brother was born and I bear no lasting scars from the trauma. :-) It will be challenging but you'll all get through it.

September 22, 2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger Soralis said...

So glad this baby wasn't early. Hope it comes soon and easily for you! :)

My twins were 23 months and they adjusted quiet well and quickly, I was surprised at how well it went. Wishing you good luck!

September 23, 2008 12:40 AM  
Blogger queen said...

Yay for you, sweetie, any time now you'll have another cuddler! Congrats on making it to term!

September 23, 2008 6:32 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting! It's getting really close.

September 23, 2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

Congrats!!!! Just heard the good news on City Girl Tales!! Can't wait to see some cute new baby loving!

September 24, 2008 8:28 PM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

Hi Momo!! I disappeared for a while but I wanted to check in with you. You didn't post after your last dr appt. I hope all is ok. Not sure if you've delivered yet but I am sending you good vibes for the delivery! Missed hearing from you and reading your posts.

September 29, 2008 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home