Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Where things stand

We sent the letter out to my ex-company Monday morning. It is actually a very "soft" letter. All I am asking for is for them to change my classification from voluntary to involuntary. At the end of the day this is all we are asking for--to simply allow me to collect unemployment. After talking to my lawyer, we didn't want them to be on the defensive right at the bat--therefore we are not asking for the "stars and the moon" right off the bat. If they decide that they will reject or say no to this first request, our second round will be a lot more demanding. Since I have 8 years of history with this company I really didn't want to make this more ugly that it is already. Plus I really want to convey to my bosses and I am not after the company money--I am simply asking to collect what I believe I deserve.



The last couple of days have been really weird. Once that letter went out I was practically cut off from everything with my ex-employer. First I get an email from the admin asking about my vacation days...next another email from my boss regarding sending back my computer and badge..then I have no access to the network. All of these just seems so hostile--I guess I knew this was going to happen but I just didn't expect to feel like such a criminal. I spoke to my old boss-who is still with the company, but she is now with another department. She was the one who hired me and I reported to her for 5 years--I LOVED HER!! I told her how I felt and was in tears talking to her and she was made me feel so much better. She reminded me that I did not do anything wrong and I am being treated very unfairly. She actually can't believe how things are turning out. I can't either and i get a knot in my stomach every time I think about it. I wish things turned out differently. So now we wait and see what they will come back with. I have a feeling that they will reject this letter-even though it is in their best interest to agree and just let this rest--but knowing who I am dealing with, this scenario will not happen.



On the P front, I am doing well. I had a doctor's appointment this morning that I totally forgot...okay I didn't forget, I thought my appointment was tomorrow. The problem with my clinic is that they don't call you to remind you about your appointments--so it is up to all the pregnant people to be on top of their appointment. Probably not a good idea since our brain cells seems to dissaapear during this time period. I felt really bad, but I was able to re-schedule my appointment for Monday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josée Martens said...

MoMo, I hope they treat you a little more fairly now. They don't need to drag a pregnant lady through a job dismissal AND court. For pete's sake...

I am looking forward to your pregnancy report next Monday.

And, you are doll to still keep up with me. You've been a great buddy. I appreciate you.

June 25, 2008 3:44 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I can't believe you have to go through all of this at all, let alone during a pregnancy.

June 26, 2008 7:43 AM  
Blogger Caba said...

I am so sorry about the work situation ... that just sucks. Luckily you have a good relationship with your old boss, so you can always use her as a reference, right? I hope this gets resolved easily for you ...

June 26, 2008 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home