Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, May 05, 2008

Sentimental

This weekend was really nice. S has been super busy with work hence he's been working really late-we are talking about leaving at 6:30 am and not getting home until 11 pm. I stopped complaining about it so much-at least I try to since I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. He is working on a major project that will hopefully will end by next Monday! Yippee!! Due to the long hours he hasn't really seen B that much lately. And this was apparent this weekend since B was having a love fest with his Daddy. All he wanted was "dada". He would walk around and just kept saying "dada, dada". He would whine when he leaves the room and wouldn't stop until he returns. It was actually really cute to watch.

So last night--we did our nightly ritual whenever S is home-before bedtime we play music and we each pick a different instrument and play along. S played the tambourine, I played the drums and B picked up his shakers. It is really funny since B really gets into it. After the song, I looked at S and his eyes were really red and tears were just about to fall. I asked him what was wrong and he answered.."nothing..he is just growing up so fast". Good lord, this just broke my heart. Good thing S scooped B up to go to his room for story time and bedtime--so I was left in the leaving room, in peace crying and realizing that S is more affected by this parenting thing that I thought. I know he loves being a dad and absolutely loves B, but this is a side of him I've never seen. I am supposed to be the sap in the family, the one who cries at every milestone. I wish I can bottle this moment and someday S and I can re-lived all the wonderful times with B...because before you know it he will be all grown up and will have kids of his own.

4 Comments:

Blogger electriclady said...

Aw, so sweet. It's crazy how quickly the time seems to be passing now--especially because that first six months or so went SO SLOW, and because they are so CUTE right now!

May 05, 2008 1:06 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

Ah man, that's just too darn sweet. Don't you just love seeing your husband interact with B? I love watching my husband with the twins ... makes me fall in love with him in a whole different way. And the time, oh, it does go WAY too quickly ... it's almost scary!

May 05, 2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Too sweet!

May 07, 2008 7:07 AM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

that was a beautiful story. I can't wait to see that in my husband. I am so moved by your post. Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.

May 10, 2008 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home