Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sh*t they both split!!

Dr. K's exact words. I can't believe this. I read about this issue all night last night and it does happen-an embryo splitting after the transfer. There are a few cases out there were 2 embryos were transferred and ending up with triplets. Favorite nurse actually said that they had a recent pregnancy with 2 embryos transferred and resulted into triplets.

So what do I do now...I go for another u/s on Tuesday. Favorite nurse said that it is a possibility that one of the 3 will develop a heartbeat...I guess anything is possible at this time. Or it may simply just be a blighted ovum and it will just pass itself. They really can't determine anything until we go for another u/s.

I am not sure how to really comprehend this or react to it. I am scared-I think the chances of being pregnant with quads are really really small, but of course I think about it. The sacs were empty...not even a fetal pole...so I think the chances of any of them being viable are really small. So here we go again...waiting for another week. As I said before the waiting is always the hardest part of this situation. I always thought after the u/s things get a little easier...well obviously not.

12 Comments:

Blogger Serenity said...

*hug* I hope the next u/s gives you some peace of mind... but yeah, pregnancy is a lot of waiting. :(

Hang in there hon.

February 20, 2008 2:25 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Oh boy--holding my breath for you.

February 20, 2008 2:49 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I don't know quite what to hope for for you, MoMo, but I guess it's not quads. I will hope that you are comfortably pregnant with a singleton or twins at your next scan. Hang in there!

(btw blasts splitting is not at all unusual, I'm surprised that your doc is surprised?)

February 20, 2008 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a woman here in Houston that had quadruplet boys after transferring two. I think they said the chance was like 1 in 30,000,000 or something.

Well, I hope it all turns out how you want in the end, (maybe twins?) but I'm thrilled for you that you got one nice healthy h/b. Congrats on that. And sorry about the waiting.

February 20, 2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

eek. I can't imagine that you will end up with quads. That would be INSANE! I honestly wouldn't even worry about that. I imagine that this week is going to feel like a long one! But maybe if you do end up with twins, you will be ok with it ... after being faced with the possibility of quads! hehe. I hope you still see a single heartbeat on Tuesday, as I'm sure that is the best case scenario for you!

February 20, 2008 7:28 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Wowsers! Hang in there, I am sure it will be ok.

February 20, 2008 11:30 PM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

I hope you have nice plans to keep you busy this weekend. Thinking of you...

February 22, 2008 2:33 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I hope you find your answers during the next u/s. Waiting is so hard. Hugs to you.

February 22, 2008 2:41 PM  
Blogger queen said...

Oh Momo, I don't know what to say except that I really hope it works out well for you guys. Hope the next u/s gives you clear information.

February 25, 2008 1:32 AM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

Back to say, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!

February 25, 2008 1:04 PM  
Blogger FeistyKel said...

Wow... What a stressful wait. I hope it passes quickly and that things go okay next u/s.

February 25, 2008 5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope your u/s today went well and you were able to get some answers.

February 26, 2008 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home