Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Various Ramblings

It was so nice to see B!!! S kept him past his normal bed time to give me a chance to see him-that was really nice! When I first saw him he just stared at me...maybe wondering where I've been all this time. S brushed his hair-which is pretty hilarious since he doesn't have much-but for some reason he looked like he had more hair by doing this!!! Once I saw him the flood gates opened and I just started crying! It was hard not seeing him, but I think all that dumb hormones I am injecting myself had a lot to do with the crying!!! I am so glad to be home and be back in some type of normal life.

Overall B did really well while I was gone. I think it really helped that my parents were here!! B's originally due date is only 2 days away-February 1st. I can't believe how far ago that seems. He is doing really well. When I took him to his 1 yr appointment he weighed 22 lbs 6oz-he is now in the 50th percentile for his age group--pretty good considering he was only 5 lbs 15 oz when he was born! He is 30.5 inches long-I think she said this was on the 75th percentile.

B is babbling a lot--but he is no where near saying mama...sigh. I try everyday and nothing. I guess I just have to be more patient. He is still crawling a lot--no sign of walking yet. Although I think he is getting more self confidence in letting go of the furniture. He tries to stand up on his own for a few seconds-which is I think fantastic and getting him closer to walking. He loves to eat!!! He pretty much eats all of our food-which is good and bad. Good because I can stop buying baby food-bad because now I really need to make the effort to cook something for us to eat!! The other day we wanted to order Indian food and we realized that this might not be a good option for B!

Now on the IVF front-one more week before beta. I would say I am calm as a cucumber, but that would be lying. Yes, time is not creeping by slowly like last time so I am thankful for that. I forgot to mention that this time around I don't have to do the PIO shot!!!! Woo-hoo!!! They have this new drug called endo.met.rin. that is a va.jay.jay tablet insert. I used it 3x a day. I read that this is a new FDA approved drug that replaces the PIO shot. In addition to that I am also using vi.vi.lle dot, which is really a patch. I put 2 of patches every 2 days.

This morning S and were talking and I was re-telling him the conversation I had with the embryologist the day of our transfer. When the embryologist mentioned that we had really really good quality embryos I started thinking about twins. Don't get me wrong, we would love twins, but it will definitely make our lives very complicated and challenging. Forget the fact that I will probably will have to quit my job-3 kids in daycare or with a nanny will be super super expensive. Then on top of that we will probably have to watch me for pre-term labor since B was born premature. Anyway, the embryologist asked if I would prefer to transfer 1 and I thought about it for a second and I said no, let's go with 2. When S found this out he almost flipped out. First of all, he claims that he didn't realized that we had an options!! Okay, lame excuse..like he didn't know. And secondly he mentioned that it would have been nice if he was part of the decision making. I reminded him that we already made the decision that we were going to transfer 2 way before this and it shouldn't make a difference!!! We made the decision together that I was going to go to the transfer by myself so that he can be with B-so his claim that it was not fair that I did not included him in the decision making is lame again!! The decision was made even before we did the retrieval!! And after what I went thru with the pain and being sick with this IVF, why would I take the chance and only transfer 1? I am hoping that this is it and we won't have to do it again so I will do everything in my power that make that happen. Sigh...men...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't need to worry about another transfer either. Funny, how he seemed to have forgotten that you guys agreed to two.

Very nice that he kept B up a little late so you could see him.

Kirsten isn't doing very many words other than "uh oh" "mum mum" "dat" and "dis" and "da".
My mom told me that just one day out of the blue I started talking up a storm

January 31, 2008 4:11 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

I can imagine that twins might be a pretty scary prospect for you! When we found out it was twins, we both freaked, and we didn't have any others!

Sorry S freaked about it. I think smoetimes everything in the IVF process feels SO out of your control, that it's easy to lash out at each other trying to get some.

And about the talking thing, I don't know. Hailey has just starting with the mamamamamama, but she just kinda repeats it. I don't think she is saying it to me (I can wish though). And Jake is just a babaababababab man. I don't know if it's true with speech, but don't they say girls do everything faster than boys? He'll be chatting up a storm before you know it!

January 31, 2008 8:32 PM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

I am glad your 2ww is going faster. I'll keep my fingers crossed for one healthy singleton in there.

OK, wouldn't it be cool if S said Mama for the first time the day you found out you were pregnant again!

(and you've been tagged)

February 01, 2008 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home