Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Follow up

Since we are dying to get some answers, S pulled some strings(okay more like begged) and was able to get me an appointment with an OB yesterday. I have to go to a new OB since we moved last summer and I have yet to pick a doctor. We were hoping that since they are the experts on pregnancy, that they will have some answers to our situation.

Well, that was very optimistic. I met my new doctor and she is really nice. I actually liked her a lot. She talked to Dr. W who did both of my u/s and he explained what he saw. Unfortunately she doesn't really have any other information for us other than what we already knew. My OB agrees with Dr. K that I should be monitored with a weekly u/s. I am scheduled for another one next Monday and she said that if the sacs are still there(I asked her how many Dr. W saw yesterday she said 5 so up by 1 sac from the first u/s), then she will refer me to a perintologist. Great. More poking. I guess I will take this if it means we can get some answers and solutions. She is hoping that they are just sacs that will dissolve on its own-I asked her how long it can take for this to happen. She said as long as twelve weeks. My next question was what happens if they are still there after 12 weeks-and her response was let us not go there yet. Okay..that didn't make me feel good.

So I decided that for now, I just have to focus on the one heartbeat and hope that he/she will keep growing. And maybe he/she can kick some a** and make the other mysterious sacs go away!!!

Lastly, thank you all so much for the support for the last couple of weeks. I don't know how I can get thru this without all you great ladies. You have no idea how much your encouraging words means to me. You guys are all rock stars!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

MoMo the not knowing must be killing you. I admire how brave you are being. Keep it up girl, and get going little heartbeat and make some room for yourself!

February 28, 2008 3:23 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Ugh, I wish you could get some answers. I'm sorry hon.

February 28, 2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

I'm glad that the OB was at least able to set your mind at ease. Why is IF just a series of waiting games? Its so frustrating! I just hope that the sacs clear themselves up and you one single solitary baby continues to thrive away!

February 28, 2008 5:04 PM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

Congrats on finding an OB you like lots! Monday is just a few days away. Lets hope for less UFOs (unidentified floating objects) and more lovely heartbeats!

February 28, 2008 10:15 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Momo, it sounds really worrying. I'm hoping very hard that the blobs are a weird artefact and will soon have disappeared, leaving your lovely singleton to take over the uterus!

February 29, 2008 4:16 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

Thinking of you! Hope you get some answers soon. Take care

March 01, 2008 12:18 AM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

March 02, 2008 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home