Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Step backwards

Sorry it took me so long to write an update. With the Easter weekend things just got a little crazy around here. Had a follow up appointment on Thursday and unfortunately they found 4 sacs this time. I think the u/s a week ago was a fluke...the 4th was probably there and they just didn't see it. The sacs are the same size as they originally were(this means that they haven't decreased in size since the very 1st u/s with the R/E). This wasn't really a very encouraging news. Dr. Midwest said that as long as the baby is growing nicely, the mysterious sacs will hopefully just dissolve. I am still crossing my fingers. I am entering my 11th week this week and it scares me that these sacs are still an issue as I enter my second trimester. It makes me very hesitant to share the p news with friends and family. S thinks that we should go ahead and tell people-he claims that what difference does it really make? Hopefully, these mysterious sacs are a non issue and the baby will continue to develop. But I am little hesitant--I guess I want everything to clear up before we start sharing our news. I don't like the unknown factor about it and I feel like I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am afraid that once we tell people, something bad will happen and we have to face explaining what went wrong to everyone.

I got some more bad news last week-Dr. Midwest called me last week to personally inform me that their practice is dropping their OB practice on Aug. 31st!!! She said that she will continue seeing me thru my first trimester(which is only a week from now) and then I have to find a new doctor--obviously we need someone to deliver this baby. ARGH!!! I am so frustrated and mad about this. I know it is not something that I can control, but with all these complications, the last thing I need right now is to search for a new doctor. Since I don't know anyone out here, I just have to go with the doctors that she recommends-which by the way she doesn't really have any specific doctor that she wants me to go with. She said that they will make sure that they transfer all my files and u/s to the new clinic and she will talk to my new doctor in person about my case. As of now, I made an appointment with a doctor on April 16th. I still have 1 more appointment with her this week for my NT scan. I think I will call her and ask her if I can keep coming in for monitoring until I go to the new doc since I still have all these mysterious sacs. I am crossing my fingers that she will be okay with that.

Oh...things are just not getting any easier......

6 Comments:

Blogger Josée Martens said...

Momo, sweetie. So sorry to hear the sacs won't leave. Don't they know they are unwanted! I hope they're gone next time. I am glad little baby is growing well. You are almost done with the first trimester. How exciting!

March 25, 2008 12:14 AM  
Blogger Caba said...

I'm sorry. I really wish this would resolve itself so you could feel more comfortable in sharing your happy news. It is wonderful that your little baby is growing well and thriving. Maybe he/she will kick those sacs out of there when he/she gets bigger! Sending hugs!

March 25, 2008 8:58 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh my, I'm sorry. You do not need bad news. But, you're almost done with your first trimester- that's great!

March 26, 2008 7:04 AM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Ugh, what a pain on both fronts. Did you ever end up seeing a perinatologist? Maybe they can recommend an OB?

As for sharing the news--you have to do what you feel comfortable with. We ended up telling our parents and closest friends way earlier than I thought we would (right after second beta) because we figured having no one know wouldn't make it any less painful if something went wrong--and having loved ones there to support us would probably help.

March 27, 2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger queen said...

What a drag about the sac still being there. Well, more than a drag. Baby is fine, though, which is good news. I hope the sacs somehow vanish without doing any harm.

Hope your new doc is someone nice and lovely!

March 29, 2008 2:03 AM  
Blogger Josée Martens said...

How was the NT scan? Will she let you come in for monitoring? Hope you guys are having a nice weekend, MoMo!

March 30, 2008 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home