Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I can't believe I just did that

****Warning TMI**** If you can't handle poop stories you might want to stop reading now****

You know you entered a different kind of world when you scoop out poop out of a diaper and put it in a cup and take it to a lab for testing. Yes ladies...that's what I had to do this morning. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would ever have to ever handle/examine any poop in my entire life-I don't even like dog poop! B's been suffering from diarrhea since we got back from Can.cun. It got better mid last week and I thought we were getting over this awful episode. We went to the doctor on Thursday to get some shots so I figured it won't hurt for them to check him since he had the said diarrhea. The doctor said that he looks good but if it doesn't go away in a couple of days I need to give them a "sample" so they can check it out further.

So I thought it was over...his poop was getting less and less wet even though he was still pooping about 3x a day--which is a lot for him-and since he was just getting over the diarrhea I wasn't really that worried about it. After a weekend of solid poop, yesterday we went downhill. During the day he was fine but last night he had another wet one. And then morning was even worst!! So as much as I dreaded scooping out poop out of a diaper-(the doctor told me I need a couple of tablespoon) I had to do it. After I sealed it up, I drove to the lab to drop it off. I told the nice receptionist I had a stool sample and she didn't even want anything to do with it. I really can't blame her. She asked me to drop it off the bin and took my paper work.

Now we wait and see for the results. I feel bad for the poor soul whose job is to perform the "poop tests". I don't think you can pay me enough money to do that kind of job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josée Martens said...

Sounds like fun. Being pregnant at the same time must have made it even more unpleasant. I hope B feels better soon. There is something weird going around. My friend's child (similar age) is also having something similar. Hope it is nothing.

(Oh and thanks for not posting any pictures. LOL!)

June 17, 2008 2:34 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Ditto about not posting any pictures. It's amazing what we'll do for our little ones, huh?

June 18, 2008 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about a shitty job! (Sorry, couldn't resist...) :)

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

June 18, 2008 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home