Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Will I ever Know What Is the Right Answer???

So, I've been killing myself trying to figure out what to do with childcare!!! I didn't think I would be so wishy-washy about it and it is driving me and S nuts!!! At one point I told him to just make the decision because I can't do it!

So B right now is in day.care. I like the day.care--S on the other hand doesn't have any opinion because he still to this day have to visit it and introduce himself to the staff. B seems happy when he is there...although he is only 7 months old so I am pretty sure he doesn't even know what is going on. The facilities are clean, the staff are really nice and they LOVE him there! This I know for sure, there are days when I pick him up that he is not in the room because one of the other teachers kidnapped him and is taking him for a stroll or something!

So you are probably wondering what is the problem?? Well, S and I are a little gun shy because of what happened to him in Chi.ca.go. He was going to a home.day.care when I went back to work. The lady was super nice and was very loving to B. The problem was that she wasn't very strict about the sick policy or should I say there really was no sick policy. The last day B was there one of the moms said that her daughter had a 104 fever the night before!! S and I just looked at each other and I wanted to scream "what is your daughter doing here??!!??" Well we all know what happened to B 2 days after that.

So after this really horrible experience, S and I think that a nan.ny will be a better option for us--he will be home and the chances of him getting sick is smaller. I know we can't prevent him from getting sick, but if he is not around a lot of people, the chances are less (actually S want someone to tell him that B will never be really sick again and end up in the hospital-we all know that will never happen). So we started interviewing some na.nny and we found a couple that we really like. You would think by now we would have hired someone and the discussion is over. But there is one issue--S and I believe that being around other children is the best environment for him. We only want a na.nny for a few months, maybe until he is about 15 mos old, when he is a little older and his body can stronger to fight germs. I like the day.care he is at right now and I would like for him to go there, but I have a feeling that if I pull him out now he won't be able to get a spot when we are ready to put him back next year. And the other big issue is that there are not a lot of day.care center where we live-so the waiting list can be long. They give priority to kids that are already in the system-understandable.

So the question is do we take the chance and pull him out? Or maybe we will like having a nan.ny so much we won't even attempt to put him back in day.care. And since we are only renting, who is to say that we will be living in this neighborhood in a year? two years? Maybe by the time we are ready we will be moving again and we will decide to stick with a na.nny(until we are settled) vs. day.care-why have him transition again? I feel like I am over analyzing this and I should just take a deep breath and stop thinking. Maybe what I need to do is just take this child.care thing one day at a time. Life could be different in 6 months--who knows. I should not worry what the people at day.care think of me or my decisions or if B will be forever barred from their school. Maybe I should just think about what is the best for him today and the rest will fall into place. Help!! Why is this issue so difficult.

5 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

I hated finding child care for my boys when I went back to work. It seems like no one was the same as mom or dad. Good luck. (Thanks for the kind words on my blog, made me feel a lot better)

August 15, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

I think you're right--life might be very different in 6 months. It's OK to go with what is right for now and worry about later, later. Good luck making your decision.

August 15, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Watson said...

Yikes, sounds like a very difficult decision!

I hope you're settling in to life in CT and liking it more now.

It was good to hear from you -- thanks for the update

:-)

August 17, 2007 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrrhhh! That's hard. I'm debating the same thing (haven't even popped the kid out yet) and don't know what's best.

Sorry I've got no great advice for you!!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

August 17, 2007 6:53 PM  
Blogger Beagle said...

Just the beginning of a long list of tough parenting choices. Ugh.

I don't even have a child yet and I am worried about where to send him/her to school because our public school district sucks so badly.

You'll figure it all out as you go. Good Luck with this decision!

August 20, 2007 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home