Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

8 Months

B turned 8 months last Monday!! Woo-hoo...I think. I am excited that he is growing and happy and content, but I am sad that time is flying and I feel like I need to stop it. I am just not ready for him to grow up so quickly.

Here is what is going on with B so far:

-He is "crawling"--we call it frogging really since it is not the normal crawling that someone would imagine. He gets on his hands and knees and scoots all over the place.

-He loves to try and stand up. He does the "downward dog" position all the time!

-He doesn't like to sit up!! He can sit up on his own for about 30 seconds before he loses his balance! Forget the bumbo..he will sit there for about 3 minutes and will start to get irritated. I think in his head he is saying "screw this sitting and crawling!! I am walking!"

-He loves to eat...for the most part. He is now down to 5 feedings a day. He gets milk and oatmeal w/apple sauce for breakfast, milk mid-morning , milk and veggie/fruit for lunch and milk and veggie w/meat for dinner.

-Yesterday, he went from stomach to semi sitting up--he was able to lift himself to a semi sitting position!! I was so proud of him. I think it is just a matter of days before he can completely do it!!

-He is a good napper! He takes 2 naps a day. One in the morning for about 1-1/2 hours and one in the afternoon for another 1 1/2 hours! Sometimes he will nap for 2-2 1/2 hours!!

-He babbles a lot! Oh does he babble. He gets up around 6 in the morning and for the most part we leave him in his crib until we are done getting ready in the morning. He wakes up happy and he just babbles to himself until we are ready to get him! I love listening to him in the monitor every morning talk to himself. I wonder all the time what he is saying and what is going on inside his little head!

Well, this is all I can think of right now. As I said earlier, he is growing so fast. I need time to slow down just a tiny little bit!

5 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

What an awesome post! So glad to hear B is doing so well. Would love to hear/be reminded how B enjoyed tummy time? Right now my little one is quite hating it.

September 05, 2007 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that he is doing so well. I can't believe that he is 8 months old already.

September 05, 2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger HeatherA said...

Hi Momo! It's so great to see you back on blogger. And it's even better to hear how great Benjamin is doing. Congrats on making the nanny decision -- I'm sure it's the right one for your family. And I'm so jealous about B's good napping habits. I'm lucky if I get 3 30-min naps a day so to hear B's going 90+ minutes at a time is fantastic! How's the job going?

September 06, 2007 9:55 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

Sounds like things are going well. Wow 8 months already, it goes by so fast doesn't it! Take care

September 06, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

B sounds like an absolute delight! I'm glad you were able to make a decision about hiring a nanny. We're in that place right now. Trying to figure out what will be the best care for the twins once I go back to work. It is such a difficult decision. I'm also glad to see you're back in blogland!

September 08, 2007 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home