Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, November 12, 2007

Consult Update

First of all thank you so much for all the encouragement from my previous post! You guys rock and you don't know how much all those kind words mean to me.

I had my consult with Dr. K last Friday. It was very short and sweet. Dr. K talked to me like we are old pals--which I wonder if he remembers my face! He sees so many patients, he performs about 50 IVFs a month! So for me to wonder if he remembers my face is not an exaggeration!

In a nutshell, this is what is going to happen. The January series is going to start on January 21st and ending on the 29th(holy crap!!). I will go on birth control pills during my December cycle. S and I need to get all of our blood work again--silly me thought that since we already did this we are good to go! Not! I guess those test are only good for 1 year. I am flying to Chi.ca.go on Thursday for work(and I am taking the boys with me)-so to make things easy we are going to get our blood work done at our regular clinic. I am a little afraid, because we have to take B with us-and I remember how some patients don't really appreciate this. But I have no choice since we can't really leave him with anyone. Maybe he will make his cute faces and smiles and the ladies can't help but like him.

I also need to get another HSG exam. Yikes. I don't have a regular doctor out here yet, so I had to make some cold calls this morning. Oh well, there is only one big ob/gyn clinic in our town, so it is not like I really had any choice. I was hoping that I could also do the HSG test in Chicago, but according to favorite nurse my lining will be too thick by then-oh yes!! Of course I remember this! So I had no choice but to call for an appointment with a new doctor. I have an appointment early in December since I need to do a meet and great with the doctor before I can do the HSG test.

And then I still have to figure out the logistics about travelling to Chi.ca.go. Does anyone know if I can book a plane ticket with an open travel dates? I think I heard this somewhere, but I am not sure how to go about it. We don't mind paying more, if we can call a couple of days in advance to get a departure date since we have no idea about travel dates. Any ideas ladies??

2 Comments:

Blogger Caba said...

I don't know about the open ticket thing. sorry. I just wanted to say good luck to you. I remember hearing that if it's been over a year since you had the initial tests done, you have to do them again, which is no fun. I took a percocet before my HSG, thank god!
Good luck with everything, and keep us posted!

November 12, 2007 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish you luck with everything Momo. Hugs.

November 13, 2007 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home