Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, October 08, 2007

9 Months!!!

OMG..where did the time go?? I can't believe that B turned 9 months last week! I know they say that time flies and they grow up so quickly...but to me this is ridiculous!! My baby looks like a little boy now. When he wakes up in the morning--he talks to himself and sits up!! Seeing him sitting up in his crib is just such a huge deal for me, I don't know why, I just imagine him as a little boy..sitting there and playing! It is just unbelievable, a few months ago he was this little baby who can't even hold his head up!

B is now crawling...oh is he crawling FAST. He gets into everything. This morning he was crawling around the kitchen and our pantry was open. Next thing I know, he sits up and he starts touching the tequila..yup tequila and balsamic vinegar! At that moment I knew that we are in trouble. He is so curious and he is getting into everything. He doesn't care that he has all these toys in the living room...nope..he decided he is tired of those and he wants to explore the entire house. He loves playing with shoes(yuck!), purses and anything else on the floor that he can get his little hands on!

I started training him on a sippy cup, but so far that is not going so well. He likes to chew on the them instead of trying to figure out how to drink from them. He can now hold his own bottle and drink from it, but half the time he is playing with it. I started making his food, mainly because I feel weird giving him the baby food w/the meat. I figured, I don't even like eating canned meat, how can I give it to him. It is a lot of work since I have to peel, chop, cook, blend/puree and freeze!! I get tired just writing that down! He loves mommy's food, now I just need to figure out how I can start feeding him bigger chunks w/out choking him. I am even afraid to give him che.er.ios because I just don't know if he is really ready for them. I am very paranoid about choking as you can see.

He can't sit still anymore. I now the days when I keep him in my lap and just shower him with kisses is going to end before I know it. I am not ready for this yet. I look at him and my entire body just melts. I knew that having a baby is such an incredible experience, but until I experienced it I didn't really get it. I can't get enough of him. I just want to hold him and protect him from everything. I've said it a million times before, but this is the most intense love affair I've ever experienced and I am loving every minute of it!!

Now, on a bad news--our nanny, yes the one who started 4 weeks ago-quit last week! Sigh! So now I am in the process of finding a new nanny and the process is not fun. For example, we were suppose to interview someone last night and she was a no show!!! I am crossing my fingers that we will find someone that we trust and who is reliable.

Anyway, 9 months...what can I say. We are closer to his first birthday than the day he was born-unbelievable! It's been an incredible 9 months!

2 Comments:

Blogger Caba said...

Wow! 9 months ... It's amazing how time flies right? How are things going with meeting people? any luck?

October 08, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

9 Months!! Yay! Amazing how quickly those 9 months flew by...

As for sippy cups. I have tried at least 4 different cups with Kirsten. The ones that work the best? The cheapie toss 'n go ones. They leak a little but she was able to get some liquid out so she knows what they are for. Good Luck!

Oh, and sitting up in the crib? Freaks me out!! I walk in and am shocked to see her upright.

October 15, 2007 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home