Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Please someone tell me how to do this

So I am feeling like cr.ap today. I have a terrible cold that I suspect B gave me, but we are not sure about that yet. I feel so miserable that I don't even know how I will take care of B after work today. I called S to see if he can get off work early for 2 reasons:
  1. To take care of B
  2. To prevent B from catching what I have since we are not sure if he is the one who gave it to me. He's had a cold since mid-August and I feel like there is no end to it!! I feel bad for him because I know he is miserable.

S's response...well I have a conference call at 3 and 4 this afternoon. I am thinking to myself...great. That means to relief for me. I am trying to drink a bunch of tea to see if that will make me feel better and clear up the congestion, but so far no luck. I am taking cold medication, but for some reason that is not helping me out either! Argh.

Oh what to do. B's doing a lot of whining cry lately. Nothing seems to make him happy. Little things will make him cry--like being left in his crib while I prepare his bath or picking him up from his bath to dry him off and leaving all the rubber ducky toys behind..he gets a major meltdown like I flush his goldfish down the toilet or something. Oh this is going to be a fun evening.

I wish I can get a new nose when the one you have is out of commission...it will make my life right now so much easier. Because right now all I want to do is lay in bed and close my eyes. But we all know that there is going to be a 9 month old who is teething and all the glory that comes with that waiting for me as I walk in the door tonight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey I am so sorry that you are sick. I hope that you feel better soon.

September 26, 2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

ugh ... Feel better soon! I remember the first cold I got after the twins were born, and it sucked! Luckily they didn't catch it ... but I feel what your saying about just not having the energy to take care of anyone but yourself! I hope that you get better quickly and B doesn't get sick!

September 26, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

Aw, honey. Sorry you're feeling so crappy. It's hard enough to be patient with a cranky baby when you're totally healthy.

September 27, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

It's got to be one of the hardest Mom challenges: taking care of others when someone should be taking care of you.

Hope you feel better asap!

October 04, 2007 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! hope you feel better!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

October 05, 2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home