Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nothing..nada...none

Inside B's mouth...good doctor said "there is absolutely nothing going on inside"...yup B is not teething at all!!! Good doctor said there is nothing to be worried about, some kids don't their teeth as late as 15 months! Whoa...that is a long time. B will be the only 1 year old without any teeth!! Okay, I know I am exaggerating. Oh well, I guess this just means that B won't be having any steak any time soon! :)

I am trying to teach B how to say mama....he is not even close to saying it, but it just makes me feel good that we are trying. I am not really sure where he should be in terms of talking, but when I hear other moms talking about their babies saying "mama" or "dada" I get worried a little that B is no where near this milestone. I know every baby is different, but as a mom you just can't help but worry. I try not to compare, but sometimes it is really hard. I guess I just need to relax about it a little bit.

We found a nanny!!! Woo-hoo!! I have to say that finding child care or choosing which is best for your family is one of the hardest thing I've ever done. I am essentially telling this stranger, "my life is in your hands, you are taking care of the most valuable person in my life". So I tend to be a stress case when I go thru this process. This time around, the decision didn't seem to be as hard, maybe because we just went thru the hiring process 2 months ago. We interviewed 3 candidates and we ended up hiring the person with the most experience....I know no brainer right?? But it was actually not as simple-you see the person that we ended up hiring Miss T, was the person we had the least connection with out of the 3 we interviewed. But we knew she was going to do a good job and she's been doing this for 12 years. The girl that we really liked unfortunately came back with some questionable references. I think one of the references she gave me is her sister or sister in law, and for some reason that just didn't sit well with me. It's okay if she took her of her niece or nephew, but I wanted a third party opinion. Plus, when this reference called me back, the caller IDs(love caller ID) last name was the same as the nanny--which prompted me to think that they are related-but when I asked the reference said that her phone is under her brothers name..so does this mean Nanny #1 is her sister?? Whatever. Then the 3rd nanny was just too young...she was only 19 and that made me very uncomfortable. I hope that I can put this nanny search behind me for a while...either I will get laid off--which is a very high possibility or Miss T will work out and she will stay for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a relief that you found another nanny!

As for teeth, I've read that it is hereditary. Do you know when either you or your husband got your teeth?

October 16, 2007 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found your nanny. As for language, boys tend to lag behind girls so I wouldn't be alarmed. Hugs.

October 18, 2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

9 months, it does go by fast doesn't it! Hope the new nanny works out! I hated finding child care for my boys.

October 23, 2007 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home