Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Did that really happen?

I can't believe that in 8 days B will turn 1! Where did the time go? It has been such an amazing 12 months that I can't really put it into words.

Funny, last year at this time, I had no idea that 9 days after Christmas I was going to be having a baby!!! I was ready to have a baby, but I wasn't ready to go into labor a month early! I was in total denial during that time. I remember going to see my doctor the morning of January 3rd and her telling me that I was 4 cm dilated. I was thinking to myself, this is okay-lots of women are stuck at 4 cm and they walk around pregnant for another 2 to 3 weeks!! This is perfectly fine, I am dilating-I am getting a good start-labor will be a piece of cake. As I mentioned before, I went back to work like it was a normal day! This is so insane now that I think about it. I was having contractions the entire time and I was still in denial about this entire labor business. I remember eating lunch with a few of my girlfriends and I was holding on to the sides of the table during my contractions!! I thought I was being all sleek about it, until months later when they brought it up and we were all laughing about it. My girlfriend's husband, who is a radio DJ ate lunch with us that day...and of course the next day he was talking about my experience on the air!! That was hilarious...they gave me a copy of the clip so that I will always remember it.

I wen home shortly after lunch and I remember laying on the floor from the pain. I called my doctor and told her I was having these weird pain-but I didn't think they were contractions-they were about 9 minutes apart. She told me to go to triage when it becomes 5 minutes apart. Did I mention that we were getting the carpets replaced the next day?! So S had to make some last minute phone calls to cancel the appointment. Needless to say our house was a disaster since we had to clear the rooms for the carpet guys. When S came up to get me to go to the hospital, I was in the bathroom. He asked me what I was doing and I said I was trying to do #2-I think once I will do this I will feel much better. I really think I was just constipated!!! This is so funny now, but it wasn't during that time! So, off we go to the hospital with 2 suitcases!!! All the doctors were making fun of us...they wanted to know where we were going! I have to give S credit since we were so unprepared..I think he did a pretty good job!

Here we are, almost a year later and I can't be thankful enough for everything! B is doing so well. He is almost at the verge of walking. I think in the next month he might take his first few steps. He is saying some sorts of words, but I really don't think he knows what they mean. He loves to say, "up", "oh-uh", "dada". He is bored with baby food-he is now on 100% table foods. I have a bunch of frozen foods in the freezer that I have no idea what I will do with them. He is also bored with his milk-drinking 17 ounces a day is a good day for him. He is going thru some major separation anxiety-which is bad if you are vacationing for the holidays and he is around grandma, grandpa and aunt and uncles!!

**Update on IVF #2
I start Lupron shots this Friday, the 28th. I go for my baseline u/s and blood work on January 8th. If everything checks out, I starts stims on the 9th! I can't believe that this is happening. I've been so busy with the holidays and vacation that I haven 't really started focusing on this cycle. Maybe that is a good thing...I need some kind of distraction. I received my shipment of drugs last week and I forgot how overwhelming it was to get those drugs! At least this time, I am not as intimidated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caba said...

Isn't it amazing how fast the time goes? It's like one minute you get a BFP, and the next thing you know, they send you home with a baby! And now that baby is turning 1! Obviously it's not that easy of a story, hehe, but sometimes it does feel that way. Good luck to you on the start of your next cycle!

December 26, 2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

i hope b has a lovely birthday, and wishing you all the best for this cycle.

December 26, 2007 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday B! Good luck with this cycle Sweetie.

December 27, 2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Happy (almost) Birthday little guy!
Good Luck with round 2!

December 27, 2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger electriclady said...

I can't believe it's almost a year already! (And I had to laugh about you thinking you were constipated instead of in labor...!) Happy birthday to B!

December 28, 2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger Caba said...

I'm not sure if I'm counting my days right, but Happy Birthday B!

Crazy to think about where mommy was one year ago today!

Have a great one!

January 03, 2008 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home